Looking to save a few bucks on energy bills this winter? Well, the work you put in now will pay off once freezing temperatures make their way into town. Take a few hours the next couple of weekends to cross the below items off of your home maintenance checklist. You’ll thank us later!
When you find yourself reaching for the flannels and hoodies rather than the shorts and t-shirts, it’s a good indicator that it’s time to get outside and tackle a few simple chores to prepare your home for cooler temperatures. Here’s what you can do in the upcoming weeks:
- Disconnect, drain and store away garden hoses. Turn off outdoor water systems and check hose bibs for leaks or cracks.
- Turn off and drain your in-ground sprinkler system.
- Take a walk around the exterior of your home and look for cracks and gaps around windows and doors. Seal them with caulk or weatherstripping.
- Clean gutters and inspect your roof for damaged shingles, holes, and fungi.
- Inspect your chimney for blockages and check to make sure the damper is working properly.
Notice anything out of the ordinary? When it comes to your roof, gutters, siding, or chimney the experts at North East Home Improvement are here to help! Give us a call today at (203) 321-6695 to schedule an appointment and we’ll make sure your home is buttoned up for cooler temperatures.